Tuesday 15 October 2013

An Introduction

An Introduction...

And so, welcome to my first blog entry. Borne from both curiosity and the desire to share a little knowledge (and some favourite photographs).

I was actually born and grew up in a large city so nothing of the rural idyll I now speak of. My love for the countryside has evolved over the years and is coloured by a number of factors about which I'm sure I will elaborate as my blog unfolds.

As a child I lived in Norway, where the seasons dictated to us and life in the very rural countryside was, I realise now, the most perfect childhood I could have received. Long sun filled days where darkness never fell in the summer months and the nightly visit of Aurora Borealis in the winter were simple pleasures and all part of life on our remote farm.

There, my deep love of the countryside and rural living had both blossomed and grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment